Berry Bliss ice-cream- gluten-free, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened :)
Berry Bliss Ice Cream
2 large organic egg yolks
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons honey or Grade B maple syrup, divided
1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk (full fat)
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
pinch of sea salt
Set a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, but do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water. Add the egg yolks, coconut sugar, 1 tablespoon of the honey, and 1/4 cup of the coconut milk. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the coconut milk. Continue to stir and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain the custard through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. (Discard anything caught in the strainer.) Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Can be made up to 1 day in advance.
In a small pot over medium-low heat, combine the strawberries, blueberries, salt, and remaining tablespoon of honey. Cook, stirring often, until the berries have begun to break down and their juices have thickened, about 10 minutes. In a food processor or blender, pulse the berry sauce briefly to yield a coarse puree. Set aside to cool.
Freeze-churn the custard in an ice cream maker for 15-20 minutes. (See note below.) With the machine running, add the cooled berry sauce and continue to freeze-churn for another 5 minutes until fully incorporated.
Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream, or transfer to a sealable container and freeze for 2-3 hours for firmer ice cream.
No Flour Pancake
This is by far the easiest thing i have ever ever made. It was really yummy and with a good protein in it a good fat and some yummy carbs it’s pretty much the perfect way to start the day! (or even a yummy snack too!)
These yummy pancakes only had 3 ingredients.. that’s right 3!
Banana, Peanutbutter (or nut butter of your choice) and an egg
Mash the banana
add and mix the egg well
add in a spoonful of your nut butter
i found it easier to flip them when i made a few small pancakes instead of one big one. Cook a few minutes on each side. and enjoy!
File this under #ShitINeedToTry
OMG trying this in a minute, i HAVE to
Pink Lemonade Frosty with Coconut Water
11 ounces coconut water (unsweetened)
1/3 cup frozen peaches
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
3/4 cup ice (use coconut water ice cubes for double coco water yumminess)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
wow - sounds delicious!
optional: add mint? add 1/2 banana for a sweeter treat!
Berrylicious Microwave Minute Muffin
Take a little less than a quarter cup of quick oats, 1 egg, a small handful of blueberries, and some brown sugar or Stevia if you like things sweet, and mix it all up in a coffee mug. If you want your muffin a little moist a tablespoon of plain soymilk or almond milk will do it.
Then place in the microwave for 1 min. Watch it carefully! This could overflow!
If the muffin top does not look firm, place back in 30 sec at a time.
Once ready, flip mug upside down onto a plate and slice some fresh strawberries to decorate.
Im going to try this one day for breakfast!
Peanut Butter Banana Bread; only 198 calories!
(click on picture for recipe)
I am a huge sucker for red velvet anythings. I have no idea why but there is no shame!
Skinny Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dutch-process cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup light buttermilk
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake tins with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flours, salt, cocoa, and baking powder.
- In another large bowl beat sugar, applesauce and butter. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix baking soda and vinegar. Add half of the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, mix well.
- Add buttermilk, red food coloring and mix well.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and fold in vinegar and baking soda.
- Pour in prepared cupcake liners 3/4 of the way.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool, then frost with low fat cream cheese frosting. Makes 26 cupcakes.Low Fat Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz 1/3 fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Total: 26 servings (141 calories per cupcake).
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt; only 99 calories!
(click on picture for recipe)
Mango Lime Muffins
2 ripe bananas
1 flax egg (or two egg whites)
4 tbsp. apple sauce
1 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. lime zest
1 tsp. agave
2 tsp. coconut butter (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup rice flour
3 tbsp. coconut flour
½ cup rolled oats
¼ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
¼ cup mango, finely chopped
2 tbsp. shredded coconut
¼ cup pistachios
Preheat oven to 375. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
In a large bowl, sift together rice flour, coconut flour, ground ginger, baking soda and salt. Stir in the old fashioned oats. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine bananas, flax egg, apple sauce, lime juice and zest, agave, coconut butter and vanilla extract. Pulse until smooth.
Fold the processed mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir the mango, shredded coconut and pistachios into the batter.
Divide the batter between six muffin tin moulds. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops begin to brown.
Cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Yield 6 muffins
- 1/2C almond milk
- 1 small, ripe banana
- 1t cinnamon
- 1t nutmeg
- 1 piece of bread, sliced into 5 strips
- 1T agave syrup
- handful of blackberries
1) Blend almond milk, banana, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into a shallow dish.
2) Dip your bread slices into the mixture on both sides, then fry in a…
Avocado Egg Salad
Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup • Old Points: 3 pt • Points+: 4 pt (w/ light Flatout 7 pts)
Calories: 154.7 • Fat: 11.7 g • Protein: 9.3 g • Carb: 4.6 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 0.5 g
Sodium: 132 mg (without salt)
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 hard boiled egg whites, chopped (discard the rest)
- 1 medium hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fat free plain yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground pepper
Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, yogurt, chives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork. Combine with egg whites and adjust salt as needed.